We know that when you give us your personal data you expect us to use it in an open and honest way. You expect us to respect with your wishes, comply with regulation and keep you updated to anything that could threaten your privacy. Please read the policy below to fully understand how we will use your data, if you have questions please get in touch.
Cheltenham for Europe Data Protection Policy
It is necessary for Cheltenham for Europe (C4E) to hold personal information about you so that we maintain communication through newsletters and mailings. We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. Our data protection policies are as follows:
We (C4E) will only hold personal data sufficient for us to communicate with you. The standard information held will be your name and email address.
In addition, we will hold information supplied by you on any skills that you wish to offer for furthering C4E’s campaign.
In addition and if agreed by you, your post code will be held for the purpose of better targeting our message to you.
In addition and if agreed by you, your telephone number will be held for the purpose of arranging volunteer activities.
We do not generally require and will not hold your address. The only exception is if you offer your address as part of any direct involvement with C4E or if postal communication is your preference.
- Your personal data will be held in a secure way in accordance with data protection regulations. If you have provided your personal data to C4E in hard copy, for example a C4E sign-up sheet, this hard copy will be destroyed once your details have been transferred to the database.
- We will not share your personal data with any third party without your express permission.
- We will not share your personal data with any other supporters of C4E without your express permission. Note that the supporter’s database will be accessed by those members of C4E responsible for membership and communications. These members fully understand and agree to this C4E Data Protection Policy.
- In the event that you decide to unsubscribe from C4E, your personal details will be removed from our records.
- C4E reserves the right to publish photographs of supporters attending public C4E events e.g. marches, local activities for the purposes of promoting the C4E campaign, but will not publish their names.
- At the completion of the C4E campaign and regardless of the outcome, all supporters will be notified that C4E has ceased campaigning and all personal data will be deleted. If a follow on organisation is established, then supporters will be given the opportunity to transfer their details to that new organisation.
C4E may update this policy from time to time. Should we make a change, we will let campaigners know immediately.